poached eggs dreamer-stylewhat I used:
4 organic eggs
4 slices of Irrewarra sourdough bread
6 cherry tomatoes (I think they look nicer when they are still on the vine!)
1 stalk spring onion
Lucero fig infused balsamic vinegar (bought on a food and wine tour of the Napa Valley)
South Cape Persian feta
lemon juice (from lemons freshly picked from the garden!)
salt and pepper
Juicy Isle organic apple and blackcurrant juice
1. Preparation is the key! Set your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and put a saucepan of water on to boil.
2. Place tomatoes in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Put them in the oven and roast for about 15 minutes or until nicely softened.
5. Slice some freshly baked sourdough and toast. If your toaster only holds two pieces at a time, you can pop the cooked toast into the oven with the tomatoes while you toast the next two slices.
6. Peel and slice some fresh spring onion to taste (I use about half a stalk per person and like to chop on a diagonal).
7. To assemble, first spread smashed avocado onto the toast. Then add poached eggs, followed by crumbled Persian feta and topped with spring onion. Place tomatoes on the side and season dish with salt and pepper to taste. You can also drizzle some more of the olive oil and balsamic around the plate. We had our breaky with a chilled glass of apple and blackcurrant juice this morning. Just delicious!
The Dreamer x